Sunday, June 29, 2014

Morning Runs and Freshmen

So I pulled an all-nighter last night, and I've now been up for around 33 hours. Since I was up, I went ahead and ran this morning, just an easy 2 miles. It was really slow, somewhere around 22 minutes (!!) but I've decided that my morning runs for the next few weeks will be to build up to more distance, instead of stressing myself out over times and pace. I know this is all super slow but I had a good track season and I think I'm still in reasonably good shape, so I just want to work on the basics (form especially)  before I start doing crazy mileage weeks and workouts. Although there will be plenty of both in due time :)
I convinced one of my freshmen friends to come to a cross country practice on Tuesday, and we're going for a run tomorrow so I can show her the few spots to run on campus. I can't wait for this season! I think that's all for now. I'll update tomorrow after our run :)
~Schuyler

No comments:

Post a Comment